Alan Goehring wins his first WSOP bracelet. A brawl is filmed on the floor of the King’s Casino. Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Alan Goehring adds to impressive live tournament career
After nearly twelve hours of play, Alan “Gladius” Goehring took down the $500 No Limit Hold’em Freezeout to win his first WSOP bracelet as well as a $119k first-place prize on Wednesday night. Goehring adds the bracelet to a successful live tournament career in which he has accumulated $5.3 million in live winnings. Goehring is also a two-time WPT champion.
In his path to victory, Goehring outlasted 1,479 players including 2nd place finisher Ross Gottlieb ($73,942) to take home his first piece of WSOP hardware. Other top finishers included Randy Ohel (3rd $52,511) and Robert Kun (4th – $37,803).
Missed the action from yesterday? Check out David Tuchman’s commentary of the event on Wednesday:
Need to catch up from the first week of the WSOP Online? Check out the WSOP recap show, which highlights the first week of action:
Next up – The $1,000 No Limit Hold’em 6-Max
Today’s WSOP Online bracelet event will be the $1,000 No-Limit Hold’em 6-max, which begins at 3 PM PT on Thursday. Be sure to follow WSOP.com for live updates on this tournament.
– Video of a fight at the King’s Casino in the Czech Republic was filmed during a Balkan Poker Circuit event at the casino. The casino is one of just a few casino properties running large multi-table tournaments. At one point during the melee, several players were seen with swinging chairs and at least one person was arrested.
– After being closed for the last four months, Maine casinos are set to reopen on Thursday and Friday. To get around the 50 people or fewer rule, casinos will be limited to 200 patrons divided into four quadrants of 50 people each.
– Until July 12th, Bet365 Bingo will be running the £5,000 Cash Dive promotion, which players can qualify for by opting in and staking at least £10.
– PokerStars PA Bounty Builder is coming to Pennsylvania beginning July 12th and running through July 26th. Over the course of two weeks, the poker room will guarantee $1.5 million in prizes through 70 progressive knockout tournaments.
– In Thursday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Reasons14’s SNG Strategy series. In this episode, Reasons14 live plays a Sit N Go session of various stake levels.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Daniel Negreanu has posted the episode of his vlog during the WSOP Online. In today’s post, he hits the golf course before stepping into the $500 WSOP Online Freezeout.
– Fedor Holz is back playing poker, and gives an interview with Joey Ingram from the Poker Life Podcast to discuss a variety of poker topics including the high stakes tournament poker world.
– Scott Blumstein is set to be the latest guest of Run It Back, where he talks to watches highlights of the 2017 WSOP Main Event: