A schedule for the GG Poker portion of the WSOP Online Series is released, including a $25 million guaranteed Main Event. Check out these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
2020 WSOP online Main Event begins August 16th
Earlier this month, GG Poker announced that they would be hosting 54 WSOP online bracelet events in addition to 31 daily bracelet events at WSOP.com. Now GG Poker has finally revealed the full schedule of events that will run from July 19th to September 6th. While events on WSOP.com will be available in New Jersey and Nevada, GG Poker events will be exclusively offered to the poker room’s non-US player base.
The schedule includes a variety of events ranging from buy-ins of $100 (The WSOP Opener) to $25,000 (the NLHE Poker Players Championship). The schedule will also include an online-record breaking $25 million guaranteed prize pool with a $5,000 buy-in with multiple Day 1 flights beginning on August 16th. The tournament would break the previous record held during the 2018 partypoker MILLIONS Online event, which generated $21,780,000 in winnings.
The official online schedule reveal has really hammered home the sadness of not being able to play the WSOP in Vegas this year.
With that being said I will be firing the huge online offering and does anyone have anywhere I can live when it’s over?
— Niall Farrell (@Firaldo87poker) June 26, 2020
– Through the first eight events of the Poker Masters PLO series, Eelis Parssinen is the big winner so far, taking down the $25,500 PLO event for $440k. Other big winners include Jens Kyllonen, who has taken down two $10,300 Pot-Limit Omaha events while Marcellos Marigliano was victorious in the $10,300 opening event.
– Mike Matusow’s comments on Nevada’s new requirement of wearing masks is drawing a lot of attention from the poker community. Matusow, who made the comments on his personal Facebook account, compared the mandate to wear masks to abortion. “What happened to the slogan my body my choice when it comes to abortion but when it comes to wearing face masks it no longer applies? ”
– Some casinos including a Texas poker room and Oaklahoma casino have shut down again after confirmed cases were reported at their facilities. Meanwhile, the Motley Fool website has heavily criticized Las Vegas and Nevada casinos for reopening this month.
– From the Fake News Bin: With the WSOP Online approaching, Phil Hellmuth announces his intention to dress up as a Roman emperor to walk from his bedroom to his computer chair for his annual grand entrance.
– In Friday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at the “Grinding with Colossos” series. In this episode, Colossos reviews his play and states before moving in stake levels.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Joey Ingram and Jeff Platt provide commentary for the Poker Masters PLO series Event #9 with Viktor Bloom and Gavin Chocrane among those playing for a $430k first-place prize in the $25k Pot-Limit Omaha event.
– ICYMI: Watch Joe Hachem make an appearance on Poker Central’s Run It Back to view and discuss highlights from the 2005 WSOP Main Event: