Michael Lech wins the $1,500 No Limit High Roller Freezout at the WSOP Online Series on WSOP.com. Massachusetts reopens casinos. Check out these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Ryan Lech wins WSOP bracelet Event #13
Ryan Lech is the latest gold bracelet winner on Monday morning after taking down the $1,500 No Limit Hold’em High Roller Freezeout to win his first bracelet and a $164,248.92 first-place prize. Although the victory was his first WSOP title, Lech has had a great WSOP Online Series, cashing in 7 events so far. Lech is also a eight-time gold ring winner on the WSOP Circuit.
Lech outlasted a field of 649 players over 11 hours to take home the victory including William Romaine heads-up. Other notable top finishers included Connor Drinan (6th – $29,964.33) and Daniel Negreanu (27th – $6,381.29).
If you missed the coverage from the final table, you can check it from the Poker Central Youtube channel, where all the final tables are being streamed with commentary from David Tuchman.
Up next – $3,200 High Roller
Next on the WSOP.com daily schedule is the $3,200 No-Limit Hold’em High Roller which got underway at 3 PM PT on Tuesday. You can keep up with the action all evening long via live updates from WSOP.com. Once the action reaches a final table, you can tune into the Poker Central YouTube channel.
– Massachusetts is the latest state to reopen casinos as the Plainridge Park Casino, Encore Boston Harbor and the MGM Springfield all have opened within the last week. Meanwhile, in California, most poker rooms in the state have closed for at least three weeks, less than three weeks after reopening. The closures are currently not mandatory but are strongly encouraged.
– From July 17th to September 8th, partypoker will host WPT World Online Championships. PokerNews takes a look at 10 reasons why you should play this prestigious event if you have the opportunity.
– 888poker has found a unique way to incentivize multi-table tournament players. Starting on July 15th, the online poker room will award “Early Bird Rakeback” of 10% to players who register early for tournaments.
– ICYMI: Poker players are reporting that poker transfers are set to be banned on partypoker. Consultant Rob Yong says that the changes are being made in response to regulatory changes.
– The Bet365 Poker Summer Twister runs through July 24th and is awarding up to 250 in bonuses to poker players who opt-in and complete missions at the online poker room.
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Reasons14 Sit N Go strategy videos. In this episode, Reasons14 reviews hand histories from a session of $5 and $11 45-man Sit N Gos.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Daniel Negreanu makes a deep run in the $1,500 High Roller No Limit Freezeout where he attempts to go for his 7th WSOP bracelet. As he moved deep in the tournament, he went live with a “Run Deep” alert, which you can see here.
– Dan Coleman is the latest guest on Poker Central’s Run It Back, where poker pros sit down to talk about notable poker events. In this episode, Dan Colman watches his performance in the Big One for One Drop when he won a $15.3 million first-place prize.