Only 15 days until the best racing in the world, SARATOGA. This year we will have an upgrade with ALL races being handicapped each day, not just the turf races. We will also include Most Likely to Win, Long Shot of the Day, wager of the day and Pick 4 of the day. I may even do a PICK 6 for the weekend.
For now we have Belmont.
Race 4 – Turf
- 1 – DANCINGWITHDAFFODLS – Jose Ortiz/ Edwards. Third race of the form cycle. Solid 74 Beyer last race. Showed some life coming late. Fact that Jose sticks is a good sign.
- 7 – KEOTA – Irad Ortiz/Brown. Here we go with Chad Brown. Third race of the form cycle adn drops in class huge. MAJOR WIN!
- 10 – TIPLE – Franco/Serpe. Lone deep closer in a race that does not show many. Stretches out from 5 to 7 furlongs. Use in all exotics at a nice price.
Race 7 – Turf
- 3 – LEMONCELLA – Alvarado/CHerie. Sire is LEMON DROP KID. They are lethal on turf. Why not use in a maiden race. Exotics.
- 7 – MAGNOLIAS LADY – Johnny V/Rice. Second time out has big advantage vs. others in here. Flying late.
- 12 – SNICKET – Rosario/Clement. Third career race, took to turf last out and should improve off that effort.
Race 9 – Turf
- 1 – BRIDLEWOOD CAT – Irad Ortiz/Thomas. One of two entries for this trainer. Horse is third off the layoff or form cycle having never run on turf. I may hold off. I think this is a turf to dirt horse who has faded in his previous races.
- 6 – ESCAPADE – Castellano/Thomas. Other entry for this trainer who will be second race off the layoff having faded last race at wire. WIll be in better condition here. Has a back class Beyer of 97 before the layoff. Can improve and if he does he wins.
- 8 – DALIKA – Rosario/Stall Jr. Deep closer in race with not many. Will have to hope a speed duel occurs on the front end, but this horse looks top two here.
Good luck and thanks for horse racing with Dietz!