Bay area residents never know when they’ll need to pee in a cup. Maybe it’ll be for a new job, or maybe it’ll be for a job you want to keep. Either way it’s a good idea to know how to pass a drug test. With legalized marijuana the chances of getting tested in Oakland, San Rafael or San Francisco are remote but not unheard of.
The biggest buzz kill for most weed smokers is finding out they need to pass a test for cannabis. If it’s for a new or existing job, there’s so much on the line, like your livelihood. If you don’t pass the drug test, you could possibly end up unemployed.
A few popular methods to pass include using easy to use at-home cleansers like Azo or Pass Your Test. You could also try to get clean enough to try to pass a drug test in one day like that guy everyone knows who smokes like a chimney. Luckily, you can have your cake and eat it too. We have a pretty good idea of how drugs tests work, and what you need to do to get the thumbs up and get on with your life.
What a Drug Test Is
According to wikipedia, a drug test is a technical analysis of a biological specimen taken from you, and analyzed by a third party. These third party labs don’t care who you are, nor do they have any vested interest in your results. They just crank ’em out and report the result.
The result is either Pass or No Pass. That’s good. It’s not a scale like grades at school where you need to get a ‘B’ to get the green light.
So your goal is to get your biological specimen to produce a good enough number to pass the test.
The specimen you provide will likely be urine. But hair, blood, breath, sweat or an oral swab have been used albeit with some error of margin and questionable reliability.
The third party lab will take your specimen and test it for drugs such as marijuana, cocaine and heroin.
Why don’t they test employees for alcohol use as often as for weed?
The Urine Drug Screen
Because of its low cost, peeing in a cup is the most common way to drug test. The potential employer may not be hard asses about whether or not you smoke weed, it’s almost more of a formality to make the upper management feel good about themselves and say “we have a drug-free workplace”.
But there may be employers who truly expect their employees to actually be marijuana-free because they are operating critical machinery, like an airline pilot or a doctor.
For those of you in jobs where you aren’t jeopardizing other people’s safety, your employer may just want to know you’re smart enough to pass a simple drug test. So here’s how…
How To Pass a drug test
If you have enough notice before your test, level the playing field and order a few home tests so you can “practice” to see where you’re landing on the results. Wouldn’t you like to go into your actual test feeling confident?
Next, optimize all of your potential biological specimens to be free of as many toxins as possible. Whether you use an internal or external cleansing product (many people do) you still want to do these things leading up to your test according to passyourtest.com:
* Avoid toxins and toxic environments for at least 48 hours before your test.
* Eat healthy and especially reduce fat intake. Fatty and greasy foods have been shown to slow the body’s ability to detoxify. Toxins can also adhere to fat molecules so they linger around longer.
* Avoid alcohol and over-the-counter drugs as well as any other unnecessary medications. They’ll add extra “stuff” to your body that you just don’t want before a test.
* Drink plenty of water. The recommendation is six 96 ounces per day (6 x pint glasses). Water is the key to flushing toxins out of your body.
* Exercise raises your metabolism which increases the speed in which your body gets rid of toxins.
* Cut your hair. This is especially useful for external testing methods like taking a hair sample. Toxins remain in the hair longer.
* Wash your hair the day of. Some shampoos have been shown to improve the detoxification of hair.
If you don’t have enough advance notice to detoxify your body before the test, you’ll need to game the system and make your body “look” detoxified with a third party product.
Hopefully this helps you. Good luck!