In a little over two weeks, the all-star game of gambling conferences is set to happen with the 2020 SBC Digital Summit. Some of the largest names in the industry will occupy a virtual conference to discuss relevant issues in the gaming world.
The 2020 SBC Digital Summit North America will take place on July 14-16 and feature several legal advisors, gambling experts, C-suite executives, and journalists.
Speakers will provide thoughtful insights and in-depth analysis on a variety of topics including sports betting, tribal gaming and esports betting. Per the SBC events website, the conference is expected to have 3,000 attendees, 75 expert speakers, and 30 exhibitors. The completely virtual summit will also feature an interactive lobby, auditorium, networking lounge, and product showcase area.
Much like the historic teams of legend, the conference will play host to a roster of high caliber speakers including Adam Greenblatt — CEO of Roar Digital, Sara Slane — former SVP of the American Gaming Association and founder of Slane Advisory, Zach Leonsis, SVP Strategic Initiatives for Monumental Sports & Entertainment and legendary Las Vegas oddsmaker Roxy Roxborough.
Variety of discussion panels at the 2020 SBC Digital Summit
Spread across three days, SBC will host a number of panel discussions highlighting current issues floating around the US gambling world, including the impact of COVID-19 and the ongoing legalization of sports betting.
Some, but certainly not all, include:
- After The Hiatus: discussing plans professional sports leagues are taking during a pandemic.
- Media & Sports Betting: discussing how the media has transformed the sports betting landscape.
- Being Proactive On Problem Gambling: discussing a ground-breaking problem gambling project launched by GVC.
- Assisting The Tribal Gaming Landscape: discussing how the federal government is helping tribal properties that have been struck by the COIVD-19 pandemic.
View the full 2020 SBC Digital Summit agenda.
Other notable speakers
With 75 speakers confirmed, the list is quite extensive. In addition to those already mentioned, other notable voices expected to speak are:
- David Purdum, gambling reporter for ESPN Chalk
- Ezra Kucharz, chief business officer for DraftKings
- Raymond Lesniak, former New Jersey Senator
- Jay Snowden, CEO of Penn National Gaming
A complete list of confirmed speakers can be viewed here.
It’s crazy to think SBC managed to curate such a diverse line-up of experts for a single event.
Then again, the 27′ Yankees had Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Earle Combs, Waite Hoyt, and Wilcy Moore, to name a few. The 85′ Celtics featured a starting five of, Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parish. And the 72′ Dolphins lead by Hall of Fame Coach Don Shula, is still the only NFL team to finish the season undefeated.
So perhaps, in the bigger scheme of things, talent comes in bunches.